Hello, my friends! Let’s be honest, these times we are experiencing are like none we have ever been through. Are you feeling alone, isolated, and uncertain of what this afternoon might bring not to mention next week? You may be locked in your home for the 5th week or perhaps you are going to work and dealing with the stress of staying healthy for yourself and loved ones too.
During a time like this, it can be normal to feel down, sad, uncertain, alone, and confused. Remember this….you are not alone! We are all in this together. Although you may miss your physical interaction and in-person conversations, there are plenty of ways to feel connected. You are surrounded by a community of people who truly care and want the best for. you. Now is an opportune time to find the silver linings, to complete projects you have been wanting to focus on, and to truly look deep inside yourself and reconnect with YOU!
CONNECT, RECONNECT, AND DISCOVER
Here are some suggestions of ways to connect, reconnect, and discover new opportunities during this crazy time!
- Call two loved ones a day just to check-in
- Write one hand-written card a day and send off to brighten someone’s day
- Email or text a friend just to say “I am thinking of you, how are you?”
- Rather than just giving the red HEART on a post, take the time to comment if it resonates with you
- Set up a weekly virtual coffee date or happy hour date with a loved one
- Make a silver lining list of things that are happening each day that are positive, uplifting and encouraging
- Act on a great idea you have had
- Join a community online where you can share, learn and grow
- Walk outside for 20 minutes a day minimum
- Meditate daily
- Journal your feelings
- Practice self-care through things you enjoy
- Make a self-care list of things you can do (click below for some of my favorites)
- Drink a lot of water
- Exercise daily for 20 minutes or more
- Join an accountability group and workout daily with them virtually
- Hire a coach to help you reach your goals
The more you engage and reach out to others during this time, the more positive and connected you will feel. The more deeply connected you will feel with yourself and with others even during this time of isolation! We are all in this together and I am here to help. This sense of deep connection will feed your mind, body, soul, and heart. The more good you do, the more good will come to you.
SELF-CARE DURING A PANDEMIC
Let’s take a moment to touch on self-care during this pandemic. Obviously, washing hands, social distancing and wearing a mask are crucial but let’s look at some simple things you can do at home to take extra great care of yourself!
- Journal your thoughts and feelings
- Make a list of 3 things a day for which you are grateful
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual
- De-clutter a drawer, desk, closet or room
- Take a break from social media for one day (I love Sundays for this)
- Cook something new
- Take an epsom salt bath
- Watch the sunset
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier to meditate, pray or just spend some quiet alone time
- Breathe deeply once per hour
- Eat a piece of fruit or a veggie extra slowly and savor the taste
- Say a mantra such as “I am safe, happy and healthy”, “My family brings me joy”, “I am strong and confident”.
- Drink a cup of hot tea
- Do a body scrub followed by oil or lotion.
- Read a book
These are small, simple, easy gifts you can give yourself during a crazy time of uncertainty. These small gestures can help you stay. Grounded and. happy. This is a time where fear is normal but a time of residence, creativity, and unique experience. My wish for you is that you find the silver lining in each day! From my house to yours, MUCH LOVE!
FREE WEEKLY WELLNESS WORKSHOP
Join us for a FREE WEEKLY WELLNESS WORKSHOP where you will feel a sense of community, calm, and happiness each week. Take 40 minutes for yourself and truly dive in as we end with an uplifting meditation!
Register in advance for this meeting:https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/uZUsf–tqTgpddu-wVytc2ShrrkI0Lis9w
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.