21 Day Fix Corn Dog Muffins
These muffins were a hit with the little ones! We topped them with a bit of honey and they make for a great dinner, snack or lunch item as well! The recipe makes 9 servings!
1 YELLOW 💛
1 1/2 TSP 🥄
1 TSP sugar 🥄
- 3 tbs raw sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 jumbo hot dogs cut up into pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8X8 baking dish (or a muffin tin) with cooking spray, set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until just combined. Fill halfway between 9 muffin cups or pour into your prepared 8X8 pan.
- Add a piece of cut up hot dog and then pour batter to cover the top.
- Bake about 15 minutes if you’re making muffins and about 20 minutes for an 8X8 pan. Your cornbread is ready when a toothpick stuck in the center comes away clean.
- When I make them in the muffin tin, I let them cool for a few minutes, then pull them out and let them cool the rest of the way on a cooling rack. If you made yours in the 8X8, you can just let it cool all the way and then cut it into 9 squares.