Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Who doesn’t love pancakes? This delicious and healthy recipe is not only easy to make but will make sure your family doesn’t get bored with pancakes!
21 Day Fix and Ultimate Portion Fix Container Equivalents
½ Purple 💜
½ Red ❤️
½ Yellow 💛
2B Mindset Plate It!
A protein and FFC as part of breakfast.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium apple, peeled, sliced
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
- 4 large egg whites (½ cup)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla flavor
- ¼ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Heat medium nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium-low heat.
- Add apple and ¼ tsp. cinnamon; cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes, or until apple is soft. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites, applesauce, and almond milk in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine protein powder, oats, coconut flour, baking powder, remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add applesauce mixture to oat mixture; mix until just blended.
- Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide pancakes between three serving plates. Top evenly with cooked apple slices.