CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
This Chocolate Chia Pudding makes a delicious breakfast or after dinner treat when you need something slightly sweet, but also want to get a nice dose of protein before bed.
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill chia seeds
- 3–4 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 3–4 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups dairy free milk – almond or cashew are my favorites
- optional toppings
- raspberries or other fruit
- homemade coconut whip cream
- In a medium-size bowl, add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, dairy-free milk, salt, and chia seeds. Whisk together until all ingredients are combined and the cocoa powder is completely mixed in.
- Leave the chia seed mixture in the bowl for 5 minutes without stirring for the chia seeds to gel. After 5 minutes, whisk it one more time.
- Cover the bowl or divide into 4 equal servings and place it in the refrigerator overnight or a minimum of 4 hours. Remove chia seed pudding from the fridge and stir together with a spoon.
- Top with raspberries and 2 T of coconut whipped cream (if desired)