Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 cups of almond flour
1 tsp. baking soda, gluten free
¼ tsp. sea salt (Himalayan Salt)
¼ cup extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
¼ cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 large egg
2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Beat oil and maple syrup in a large mixer bowl until creamy, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add egg, egg whites, and extract; beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips; mix until just blended.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies with spatula if traditional cookie appearance is desired. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.