Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
Who can resist the combination of peanut butter and chocolate? It’s a perfect combination that hits all the right flavors! Kids and adults can enjoy this treat especially on a holiday or celebration!
Luckily these treats won’t put you off track for your health and fitness goals, because they are perfectly proportioned for a healthy combo of delicious and nutritious.
INGREDIENTS for Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter (only ingredient should be peanuts)
1 Tbsp cornstarch (I used GMO-free)
3/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (I used stevia)
8 oz semisweet chocolate (62% cocoa or higher)
2 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil, unrefined
INSTRUCTIONS Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour, and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Blend well with a spatula. The mixture will turn in to a dough.
- Shape dough into 24 1-inch balls. If dough is sticking to your hands, spray your hands with a little coconut oil spray. Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet and stick a toothpick in the center of each ball. Place in refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes.
- When peanut butter balls are ready, place chocolate and 2 tsp coconut oil in a microwavable bowl. Heat in microwave at 50% power in 30 minute increments until chocolate is just melted. Be sure not to burn the chocolate.
- Remove balls from the refrigerator. Hold each ball by the toothpick and dip into chocolate, swirling to coat. Use small spoon as needed to help coat each ball. Return to baking sheet and repeat until all peanut butter balls are covered.
- Place baking sheet back in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is hardened.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Tips for Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
*To prevent the balls from sticking to your hands when you roll them, lightly coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray. (I just used a cookie scoop and not my hands).*You can substitute the peanut butter for almond or cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter to make them nut free.Enjoy your Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls!