Chocolate Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies
If you are looking for a way to use up some of that garden zucchini, try these gooey, rich chocolate brownies!
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter (I used unsalted and no sugar added)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (don’t squeeze out water)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder or chocolate shakeology
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed (I like very finely ground flaxseed)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (I use extra dark) plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (pure)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8inch baking dish or loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a blender or bowl. Stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Dump mixture into loaf pan and use a spatula to spread evenly in pan (you can also wet your hands and pat it down). Sprinkle top with a handful of chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to completely cool (I like to refrigerate mine overnight in the pan once cool) before slicing.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.