A fun and easy recipe for Corn Bread! This is sure to be a family favorite!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder (preferably aluminum-free)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- Put the egg in a large bowl and whisk with a fork. Add milk and oil and mix until combined.
- Add flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Spray a baking dish that fits inside the Instant Pot with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour the cornbread batter into that baking dish. Cover with a sheet of paper towel (to absorb extra moisture) and wrap with aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into Instant Pot and put in a trivet (the rack that came with the Instant Pot) with the handles facing up. Put the foil-covered baking dish inside the Instant Pot on a trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to 55 minutes on High pressure.
- When Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Using oven mittens, carefully remove the cornbread from the Instant Pot by lifting the handles of the trivet.
- Remove the foil and paper towel covers, and invert the cornbread onto a plate.
- Let the cornbread cool down for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.