Egg Roll Turkey Bowl
Egg Roll Turkey Bowl: 80 Day, 2B and 21 DF approved!!
(makes 4 servings – perfect for meal prepping!)
INGREDIENTS for Egg Roll Turkey Bowl:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 16 oz. cole slaw mix (or about 1/2 cabbage and 3 carrots – shredded)
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 t. ginger (Fresh would be great! Dry is fine too.)
- 1/4 cup broth (chicken/veggie whatever)
- 3 T liquid aminos (or reduced sodium soy sauce)
- 1/2 t hot sauce
- 1 t. vinegar (apple cider or white work fine)
- 4-5 drops of stevia extract (optional)
salt & pepper to taste
cooked brown rice (1 yellow container per serving) or riced cauliflower
DIRECTIONS for Egg Roll Turkey Bowl:
- Brown meat in skillet, season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, ginger and stevia.
- Once the meat is cooked thoroughly, remove from pan, drain and set aside.
- Add oil to pan and sauté carrot and cabbage. Add garlic & ginger.
- Add the broth.
- Cook until cabbage is as tender as you like.
- Add sauce mixture and meat.
- Mix to combine and serve over 1 yellow container of pre-cooked brown rice.
Containers used per serving: 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 tsp. (If you are subbing for riced cauliflower, swap the yellow for a green)
**Thank you Angieinprogress.com for the Egg Roll Turkey Bowl inspiration!