EGGPLANT TURKEY BURGERS
Ingredients for EGGPLANT TURKEY BURGERS:
- 12 oz raw ground 93% lean turkey breast
- 3/4 medium onion or shallots (1/4 finely chopped, 1/2 sliced)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Eggplant Turkey Burgers – Directions
- Preheat grill or broiler to high (I used my cuinart griller)
- Combine turkey, chopped onion, egg whites, parsley and hot sauce in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Grill or broil patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Set aside and keep warm.
- Brush sliced onion, eggplant and bell peepers with oil.
- Grill or broil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Put mozzarella or cheese of choice on burger then top with peppers, onions and balsamic vinegar and place between to pieces of eggplant.
- Enjoy the healthy yumminess of EGGPLANT TURKEY BURGERS!
Eggplant Turkey Burger – Nutritional info
- Recipe serves 4
- 21 Day Fix Equivalents: 1 1/2 green, 1 red, 1 blue
- Calories: 296 Carbs: 11 g Protein: 26 g Fat: 17 g (7 g saturated) Cholesterol: 11 g Sugars: 5 g Fiber: 5 g