Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1/2 cup (128 g) almond butter (I use smooth and with no other ingredients but almonds)
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pure local honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or one packet Shakeology (chocolate)
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed (very finely ground)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup extra dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying with coconut oil
- Add all ingredients except for zucchini and chocolate chips to a blender and blend on high until batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling until it is about ¾ full. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week. Enjoy!