Lemony Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Meal
Simplicity is always amazing when trying to make a dinner for a family. Try out this mouth watering and refreshing lemony chicken and broccoli. Let me know what you think!
Ingredients for Lemony Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Meal:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
- large head broccoli, broken into florets or frozen broccoli
- 1 Tbsp avocado, or olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 Tbsps capers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced or pressed (I use them whole and then remove before eating)
- fresh lemon slices to garnish (optional)
Instructions for Lemony Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Meal:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with sea salt, pepper, and chili flakes and rub it on both sides.
- Cook chicken on the skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, capers, and garlic to the skillet. Stir and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in broccoli, then nestle in the chicken back to the skillet.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy your Lemony Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Meal!
© Copyright Clean Food Crush ® LLC 2014-2018 – Rachel Maser – CleanFoodCrush.com