- 1 Lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ tsp seasoning salt (like Adobo seasoning)
- 2 cups jarred salsa verde
- ¾ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Olive Oil spray (or mister)
Directions for Crock Pot Chicken Salsa Verde:
Season the chicken with the seasoning salt and 3/4 tsp of the cumin, then place in slow cooker. Top with 1/2 cup of Salsa Verde.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Transfer the chicken to a large plate and discard the liquid. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the pepper jack cheese, chili powder, salt and remaining 1/2 tsp cumin. Stir well.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and spay with oil.
- Working in batches, place 3 or 4 tortillas between two paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds until they are warm and pliable. One at a time, place tortilla on a clean, dry work surface and scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken filling onto each tortilla and place on foil lined sheet. Spray tops of the rolled up tortillas with oil.
- Bake until tortillas start to turn golden and crispy, about 15 minutes. Serve with remaining 1.5 cups of Salsa Verde on the side.
Photo credit for Crock Pot Chicken Salsa Verde goes to Simply Recipes