- 1 Lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ tsp seasoning salt (like Adobo seasoning)
- 2 cups jarred salsa verde
- ¾ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Olive Oil spray (or mister)
Season the chicken with the seasoning salt and 3/4 tsp of the cumin, then place in slow cooker. Top with 1/2 cup of Salsa Verde.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Transfer the chicken to a large plate and discard the liquid. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the pepper jack cheese, chili powder, salt and remaining 1/2 tsp cumin. Stir well.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and spay with oil.
- Working in batches, place 3 or 4 tortillas between two paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds until they are warm and pliable. One at a time, place tortilla on a clean, dry work surface and scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken filling onto each tortilla and place on foil lined sheet. Spray tops of the rolled up tortillas with oil.
- Bake until tortillas start to turn golden and crispy, about 15 minutes. Serve with remaining 1.5 cups of Salsa Verde on the side.
Photo credit to Simply Recipes