Healthy Taco Salad Recipe
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Blend (or packaged low-sodium taco seasoning)
- ¼ cup water
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
- ½ medium ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and water; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until most water has evaporated. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet pan over medium high heat. Lightly coat skillet with spray. Add tortilla strips; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl with a fork.
- Add lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt (if desired); mix well.
- Divide lettuce evenly between four serving bowls. Top with turkey mixture, tomatoes, avocado mixture, and tortilla strips; serve immediately.
21 Day Fix Containers
Recipe reprinted from Beachbody On Demand