Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Let’s pause the portion talk and add a WHAT do I portion … RECIPE!!!!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
This house smells AMAZING when we cook this, one of Jamie and My favs!
You’ll be glad that this recipe makes 10 hearty servings – 1.5 cup is a serving with a small salad on the side if you want more!
It’s so good, you might want to eat the leftovers for breakfast (like I do ). It tastes amazing topped with a sunny side-up egg, or any egg! (Scrambled, egg cups, omelet, boiled eggs (well that may be stretching it)
Total Time: 3 hrs. 28 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 3 hrs. 13 min.
Yield: 10 servings, about 1 cup each
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos seeded and deveined, finely chopped
- 1 lb. raw ground chicken breast
- 1½ cups dry farro rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes) no salt added
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper to taste; optional
- 1 cup shredded jack, cheddar, or Mexican blend cheese
- 3 medium green onions chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
- Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions and cilantro; serve. (I served it over cauliflower rice)
21 Day Fix Recipe Containers
Recipe reprinted from Beachbody On Demand