21 Day Fix Recipe | Healthy Muffin Recipe
The emerald hue of these healthy muffins comes from spinach, but the littles will still like them!
Portion Fix Containers
1½ Yellow 💛
1 tsp. 🥄
2B Mindset Plate It!
An occasional treat. Be sure to track it.
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 6-oz. bag fresh spinach
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (or 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or lightly coating with spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Place egg, maple syrup, almond milk, oil, extract, and spinach in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until smooth. Add to flour mixture; mix until just blended.
- Gently fold in applesauce.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.