We’re always looking for a delicious breakfast option and this option also packs some additional protein!
- 2 cups oats flour (can make by grinding raw oats in a blender)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup whey protein powder, vanilla (we did chocolate🍫)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 large egg whites, beaten to form stiff peaks OR 2 Whole Eggs
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat waffle iron
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine vanilla and almond milk in a separate bowl and whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
- Gently fold in stiff egg whites.
- Cook according to directions on a waffle iron.
Top with pure maple syrup and fruit… Delicious!
Oh and PS Each waffle has 137 cal and 8 g of protein!
Recipe is from the FIXATE cook book.