Pumpkin Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 1/2 cup all natural pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup canned, coconut milk
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees and line a 6 x 6 brownie tray with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut spray.
- Add the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, cocoa powder and dates to a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse just until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the melted chocolate with coconut milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the brownie and level it with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 hours (or overnight), then cut into 6 – 8 brownies.
Recipe and photo credit to www.cleanfoodcrush.com