Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Do you crave something pumpkin-flavored throughout the year like I do? Forget about a sugary pumpkin spiced latte and go for these wholesome pumpkin protein pancakes instead! Not only do they have a lot less sugar and fat than a usual PSL, they are also packed with 22 grams of protein!
½ Purple 💜
½ Red ❤️
2 Yellows 💛
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large egg whites (⅓ cup)
- 1 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 scoop whey protein powder , vanilla flavor
- ½ tsp . ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp . ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp . reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- Combine pumpkin, almond milk, egg whites, and extract a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Combine oats, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add oat mixture to pumpkin mixture; mix until just blended.
- Heat large nonstick skillet lightly coated with spray over medium heat. Ladle about ¼ cup batter for each pancake; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on top. Flip. Cook for 90 seconds, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Divide pancakes between two serving plates; top evenly with yogurt.