Chopped Italian Salad Recipe
This recipe for Chopped Italian Salad is perfect for feeding a lot of people! It will always be a healthy and delicious crowd-pleasure!
- ½ cup of celery, chopped
- ½ cup of baby cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup of black olives pitted and halved
- ½ a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of roasted artichokes, chopped
- 1 14oz. can of hearts of palm, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup of chickpeas or great northern beans
- 1 cup of fennel, cubed
- 1 cup of provolone, cubed
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 head of radicchio, chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
- ½ cup of extra virgin, extra light olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon of fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Chop everything but the romaine, radicchio and cherry tomatoes. Place chopped ingredients into an airtight container.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a sealed jar and shake vigorously. Keep refrigerated.
- To serve: Place all of the chopped ingredients into a large salad bowl. Chop the romaine, radicchio and cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl. Add the desired amount of dressing, toss and serve.