- 4 cups raw almonds
- Filtered water for soaking almonds
- 8 cups filtered water
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw almond butter
- 1½ tsp . pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp . rum extract (or to taste)**
- 1 tsp . ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp . ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- Soak almonds overnight in water.
- Rinse and drain soaked almonds.
- Place soaked almonds and 6 cups of filtered water in blender or food processor (may need to do in 2 batches). Blend on highest speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Strain milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; discard solids.*
- Place almond milk back into blender; add almond butter, extracts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Blend for 30 seconds; pour into large pitcher with cover.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.
1. *Solids can be dried out in the oven at a low temperature (225° F) and used as almond flour in baking recipes.
2. **You can hold off on the rum extract if you think the kids won’t like it, and then add a few drops to your individual glass of eggnog.
3. Vegan eggnog can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days
Recipe credit goes to www.beachbody.com