Homemade Peanut Butter Bars
-1 1/2 cup dry oats
-1/3 cup vanilla Shakeology (or vanilla protein powder)
-1/2 cup crispy cereal
-1/2 cup peanut butter (all natural, no sugar added)
-1/3 cup honey
-1 tsp vanilla extract (pure)
-4 Tablespoons chocolate chips or cacao nibs (extra dark)
- Prepare a 9X5 loaf pan by greasing it or lining it with parchment paper.
- Use a blender to turn your oats into flour by blending them. Pour into bowl.
- To oat flour, add protein powder and crispy rice cereal.
- In a small sauce pan add peanut butter and honey. Melt together over medium heat and stir until combined, then add vanilla extract.
- Pour peanut butter/honey into dry ingredients and stir. Dump into prepared loaf pan and FIRMLY press into pan.
- Optional: melt chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle into loaf pan.
- Let cool in fridge for at least 25 minutes and then cut into bars or squares!
*original recipe taken from SUPER HEALTHY KIDS