Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
The sweet-and-sticky fruit that holds all the good stuff in this recipe together is known to be a great source of energy and fiber!
1 Purple 💜
½ Blue 💙
2B Mindset Plate It!
Enjoy as an occasional treat. Be sure to track it.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- Warm water
- ½ cup raw pecan halves (or pecan pieces)
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes reserve small amount for garnish
- 1 tsp. pure hazelnut extract or pure maple extract
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Place dates in a medium bowl; cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Place pecans in food processor; pulse until finely ground.
- Add dates, pumpkin, coconut, extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; pulse until well mixed. Place in a medium bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Using clean hands, roll into tablespoon-sized balls; roll in reserved coconut (if desired).
- Store, refrigerated, in airtight container.