Slow Cooker Baked Apples
This slow cooker baked apple recipe is the perfect marriage of delicious fall flavors wrapped up in a fuss-free dessert.
Ultimate Portion Fix Containers
1½ Purple 💜
1 Yellow 💛
1 tsp. 🥄
- 5 medium Cortland (or Honey Crisp, Macintosh or Mutsu) apples
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tbsp organic grass-fed butter (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
- ¾ cup of water
- Core apples using an apple corer (or sharp knife).
- Add water to a 3-quart slow cooker and carefully place apples in the slow cooker so that they are standing upright.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and butter in a small bowl; mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Fill apples evenly with oat mixture.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, or until apples are fork-tender. Remove apples from the slow cooker. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.