Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Are you ready to enjoy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos? With the weather being so hot, it’s hard to be in the kitchen cooking! I’ve really enjoyed recipes that use the slow cooker to prevent over-heating while making lunch or dinner.
½ Green 💚
1 Red ❤️
1 Yellow 💛
1 Blue 💙
- 1 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and deveined, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warm
- 1 cup pico de gallo (or fresh tomato salsa)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 medium lime, cut into 4 wedges
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken broth, garlic, jalapeños (if desired), chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, bay leaves, and chicken in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 2½ to 3 hours (or on low for 4 to 5 hours), or until chicken is tender.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks.
- Evenly divide chicken between 8 tortillas. Top evenly with pico de gallo, avocado, lime juice, and cilantro; serve immediately.