Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
Throw all the ingredients for these turkey meatballs into a crock pot in the morning, set the timer, and indulge in a warm, hearty meal that night.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours 2 minutes
Total Time 6 hours 22 minutes
Servings 6 servings, 3 meatballs each
Calories 212 kcal
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt divided use
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup whole grain panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
Instructions for Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
Combine turkey, ¼ tsp. salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and cheese in a large bowl; mix well with clean hands.
Roll mixture into eighteen 1½-inch meatballs. Set aside.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add half of meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until meatballs are browned on each side. Place browned meatballs in a 3-quart slow cooker.
Repeat with the remaining meatballs. Set aside.
Add onion to same skillet; cook, over medium-high heat, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Top meatballs with cooked onion, tomatoes, oregano, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt; cook, covered, on low temperature for 5 to 6 hours, stirring once or twice.
Amount Per Serving (3 meatballs)
Calories 212Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g14%
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Total Carbohydrates 13g4%
Dietary Fiber 4g16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 89 mg
Sodium: 319 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 19 g
*Original Recipe from Beachbody Blog