Apple Sauce in Slow Cooker
Apple Sauce in Slow Cooker is simple and foolproof! It’s fall, which means cold and rainy days! Time to turn apples into apple sauce! Thank you Clean Food Crush for the recipe and pics!
- 2 lbs apples of choice (McIntosh, Sugarbee, Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Jonathan, etc.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean
- To prepare the apples, cut them into quarters then core them.
- You can also peel them if you’d like to, but I really like the skin on.
- Place your sliced apples into the bowl of your slow cooker, together with cinnamon sticks.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, scrape out the seeds, then add the seeds to the slow cooker, together with the empty bean.
- Pour in the water and cover with the lid.
- Cook on LOW for about 6 hours, or until apples are very soft.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- Use an immersion blender to puree your applesauce, then allow it to cool before dividing it into 4 (8oz.) clean jars.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 7 days, or freeze for 3-4 months.