Gluten-Free Flourless Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1/3 cup + 1 heaping Tbsp, all natural peanut, or almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey, or pure maple syrup grade ‘b’
- 1/2 cup unsweetened all-natural applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini (skin left on)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Lily’s brand sweetened with stevia, you may use any high percentage cacao chips, this will add a bit of sugar…depending on what you use) – divided in half (https://cleanfoodcrush.com/lilys)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Spray 8×8 brownie pan with nonstick spray, or wipe pan with coconut oil.
- Pulse oats in blender or food processor until finely ground.
- Using mixer, cream peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla till smooth. Add zucchini, cacao powder, ground oats, baking soda, and sea salt; mix until combined.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking pan and sprinkle remaining chips on top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Cool before slicing into squares.
This is taken from CLEAN FOOD CRUSH