Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Turkey Pumpkin Chili is the perfect fall chili! It’s made with pumpkin puree, ground turkey, white beans, green chili, and spices. Top this with chopped fresh cilantro, scallions, jalapeños, or cheddar and serve it with baked chips on the side for a wonderful lunch or dinner! Thank you Skinny Taste for the recipe!
- cooking spray
- 2 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 15 oz cans white northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree, or homemade
- 4.5 oz canned chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, check labels for GF
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, red onion or chives for topping
- Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream for topping, optional
- Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add to crockpot.
- Add oil to the saute pan, then onions, garlic, sauté about 3 – 4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute. Add to crockpot.
- Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.