Ultimate Reset Sweet Potato Bisque
Ultimate Reset Sweet Potato Bisque is a great comfort food when the temperature drops! I fell in love with this Ultimate Reset Cleanse Recipe!
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium sweet potato (or yam), peeled, cubed. You can also bake one beforehand if you choose.
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp miso paste, mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water (You can find this in the organic refrigerated section of your grocery store)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- Bragg Liquid Amino (or Himalayan salt to taste; optional)
- Herbal seasoning blend (to taste; optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add sweet potato, cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain, Set aside.
- Remove seeds and slice the bell pepper. Place on grill or gas stovetop. Turn frequently until skin is evenly charred if making on the stovetop. (You can also bake the pepper, skin side down to charr the skin) Once the skin is evenly charred, place in a medium bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel for 10 minutes. Peel skin under running water. Chop into cubes.
- Place sweet potato, bell pepper, ginger, oil, miso and broth in a blender or food processor, in 2 or more batches if necessary; blend until smooth. If consistency is too thick, add water.
- Heat soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until hot.
- Add Bragg Liquid Aminos (if desired) and seasoning blend (if desired).