Veggie Slow Cooker Stew
This Vegan Slow Cooker Vegetable Stew is packed with chickpeas, cauliflower, spinach, and other yummy veggies.
2 Green 💚
1½ Yellow 💛
½ Blue 💙
½ tsp. 🥄
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, no added salt
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (10-oz.) bag raw baby spinach
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Place onion mixture in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Add broth, tomatoes (with juice), chickpeas, curry powder, maple syrup, ginger, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Add cauliflower. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Add spinach and coconut milk. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 10 minutes, or until spinach wilts.