21 Day Fix Barbecue Sauce
You are going to love this barbecue sauce, the possibilities are endless! We’ve also included the instructions for a delicious barbecue chicken pita pizza!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents:
1 1/2 sweetener teaspoons 🥄
1 YELLOW 💛
1 RED ❤️
1 BLUE 💙
1 1/2 sweetener tsp 🥄
21 Day Fix Barbecue Sauce:
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs molasses
- 1 Tbs raw sugar
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins has all clean ingredients and you can get it pretty much anywhere)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- a pinch of salt
- black pepper, to taste
For the BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 2 Tbs 21 Day Fix Barbecue Sauce
- 3/4 cup cooked, diced chicken breast
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (I used half Monterey Jack, half sharp cheddar)
- 3 Tbs red onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (or whole if you have small leaves)
To make the barbecue sauce:
- Heat all ingredients together in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a bubble. Check seasonings and adjust if necessary. Let bubble, giving it a stir every minute or two, for about five minutes. That’s it!
Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a pita on a baking sheet (no cooking spray is necessary), spread 2 Tbs of BBQ sauce on it. Top with the cooked chicken, then the cheese, then the red onions. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull it out of the oven, sprinkle with the cilantro and talk yourself out of making another one.